Bhubble.com

Is telus optik tv coming to rossland?

Does anyone know this? I see a lot of telus trucks around town and have had flyers in my postbox but when I called telus they said it was not available here and had no idea when it was being installed. 

Thanks!

Probably not anytime soon. It requires fibre optics, and Telus isn't installing that here for a long time. Their dish is the only option.

I don't think any time soon. From what I have heard (and i could be mistaken...) City Council has vetoed it. If anyone has clarity on this, I'd love to hear it :)

In telecommunications, broadband is wide bandwidth data transmission with an ability to simultaneously transport multiple signals and traffic types. The medium can be coaxial cable, optical fiber, twisted pair, DSL local telephone networks or wireless broadband.

Broadband for Rossland would basically be "broaderband" meaning the addition of fiber(not a real word by the way).

Optik TV depends on the faster bandwidth delivered through the fiber optic medium. The current broadband which Rosssland has currently does not include fiber, but there has been some initiative to to get it here. Bringing in fiber would certainly imrove our internet throughput as well as possibly allow for Optik TV. I say possibly because it depends upon the number of HD signals you can get as well as the mentioned speed(mbps). I believe Rossland figures showed that fiber would allow up to 100 mbps and currently most homes here get about 4-5 mbps. It would obviously bring much better speeds but there are not many companies that would invest in bringing it here as the retun in this area would be low.