Bhubble.com

attempted break in

Hey frinds , I'm new to town and I keep hearing how safe this town is but someone tried to break into my van tonight.... Lock up your skis.

Tried breaking in?

Can you give more details?

This town safe? Funny!

We have alot of issues with vehicle break in`s, thefts and other crimes.

This town has a large turn over of people so it is always changing. We never know who we get. Plus no police presence.

Goodluck!

i have to disagree with you Laura, I called the cops once last year and an officer was here in no more than 10-15 minutes. I thought that was pretty impressive considering the population and location of Rossland. I don't really see police cruisers driving around here much but every now and then there is a road block or something. What can we expect really?

Someone keeps trying to force the back door its locked bit they've pried it partway open twice now. They haven't really damaged it though or I'd report it.

Laura, have you ever been to a town/city with more than 3500 people in your life?  Rossland has a few incidences but NOTHING compared to practically everywhere else on the planet.  Enough with your negativity.

lol thanks JohnP this really is a wonderful place, and all the belly aching I see spread across this forum makes me sad. Some drunk a**hole trying and failing to get into my van really isn't a big deal, I just figured it was worth warning my neighbours, ya know.

I am glad you posted and I was not downplaying your issue.  Just a certain person named above constantly posts negative comments and I don't think it is fair to imply it is someone visiting or a seasonal resident.

Someone drew a penis in the frost of my cars rear window a few days ago.  It solved itself within 10 minutes.  That's the extent of my problems.   I laughed,  it was HUGE!   

John P - why du have to break balls! I lived in Golden for 2 years and its a similar population, about 3700, and crime is rife! vandalism, B&E's and burglary, snowmobiles getting stolen, the backcountry store had an entire shipment of ABS packs stolen... Sure crime rates are low in Rossland, but Warfield apparently is quite bad for B&E's and petty theft.

Im sure John Truden was just warning other residents of Rossland about this incident. Good on you, and Thank you. I totally forgot to lock my truck last night, must remember.

John T - Where do you live, I'm sure your neighbours would love to know. Thanks for being a concerned citizen.

Gotta say, I'm getting pretty tired of attitudes just like John P, I felt really welcomed when I moved to Rossland, it felt so great, but it seems like a bit of a front. Deep down, there are some really bitter people living here, that are so set in their ways... makes me wanna move elsewhere.

Hang in there Henry C, it`ll get better. People are just getting cranky cuz they can`t unleash their frustrations on the ski hill. Wait till the white gold accumulates.

I'm on planer crescent I have a sneaky suspicion it is someone who frequents the walking path.

The really funny thing is I'm dirt poor I sold pretty much everything I had that was worth any money before I came out here Buddy is honestly trying to rip off the brokest guy on the block 

I guess he might have jacked my cassette collection that would have really sucked 

Lol and john p just for the record I don't think your a ball breaker , I think your alright.